How to Get Help with Your Astrolabe Programs
See our Should I Upgrade My Solar Fire? page
See our Solar Fire FAQs page
See our Software/Operating System Compatibility Chart
See our Running Solar Fire on a Mac page
See our Troubleshooting and FAQs page for all programs
Note: For sales questions and non technical problems contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-THE-NOVA
Important note for the pre-release version of Nova Chartwheels only
Astrolabe will deal with Nova Chartwheels installation problems by phone and email, but for all other problems and for procedural questions please consult the Nova Chartwheels Forum.
If you have a "How do I...?" question on any program
- Please first try pressing F1 or an on-screen "?" button to view a help window within the program. You can also usually get help by selecting the program's Help menu.
- Alternatively, consult the program's user guide. If you don't have a printed manual, insert your Astrolabe CD and see whether it contains an electronic manual for your program. The manuals are located under the last item on the list labeled 'User Guides.' You can view and print the electronic manual if you have Adobe Reader installed. (If you need to install Adobe Reader, click here).
- In addition, you can consult the Knowledge Base or FAQ page for answers to common questions.
- You can also consult the Astrolabe Forums to share ideas and solutions with other astrologers and software users.
If you have a question about an astrological technique
First, check out the the Forums and the FAQ page. If you don't find the answer, you can ask a question on the forum or submit a ticket to have someone answer your question.
If you have a troubleshooting problem
- Generally, your first line of action is to go to the web and download the latest program updates. Easy to do, this solves a surprising number of problems. Visit the Download Page. Even easier, get updates through the Utility menu within Solar Fire, Nova Chartwheels or Astrolabe Reports.
- Some difficulties are resolved by reinstalling the program. First uninstall the program and then reinstall it. After reinstalling, always restart your computer before opening the program. For more information, see the printed installation instructions that came with your CD, or click here (pdf).
- You may be able to find solutions for common problems by visiting the FAQ page or the Knowledge Base.
- In a few cases, the Astrolabe Forum may have your answer.
- If you do not find an answer, you can submit a question on a support ticket.
- As a last resort, phone support is available Mon-Fri, 11am-4 pm U.S. Eastern time at (508) 896-5081.
In any written or phoned query, please be specific. Always include the Astrolabe software title and version, and a clear description of what result you were trying to achieve. If you have a problem or think you have found a bug, please include:
- which Windows version you have
- exactly what you did leading up to the problem
- the results you got
- any error messages that appeared
Sometimes to get information on an error message you need to click on a link that says 'click here for more detailed information.' In this case please include the file names that appear under appname= and modname=